Aircrack-NG is a set of utilities for comprehensive auditing and analysis of Wi-Fi networks. It is available on Windows, Linux, and MacOS. It is integrated by default into Kali Linux
. It is used for pentesting, tamper-resistance checks, and traffic interception. It does not have a GUI, it is controlled through a terminal (command line). In recent versions, a graphical configuration of Aircrack-GUI is included in the basic package. Also works on Android smartphones with a UNIX terminal emulator installed Termux
With Aircrack-NG the user can:
- find WiFi access key with WEP or WPA encryption, broken by dictionary;
- decrypt intercepted traffic (only with WiFi password);
- integrate own packets into transmitted data between access point and client;
- create virtual interfaces for tunneling (intercepting) traffic;
- manage (monitor) NIC mode;
- seek additional vulnerabilities in selected WiFi access points;
- attacks via DNS deauthorization and spoofing or tunneling traffic (integrating their packets).
The above functionality is relevant for the UNIX version of the app. There are some limitations in Aircrack-NG for Windows and MacOS (the kernel of OS does not allow to use some operating modes for network adapters).
The current version of Aircrack-NG also has a detailed manual in Russian on user commands. There are unofficial GUIs for the program, the most popular among them is Aircrack-GUI-M4.
What are the uses
The program allows getting unauthorized access to an access point and through it organizing an attack on the client. Aircrack-NG is mainly used by system administrators to find potentially vulnerable points in the LANs they maintain. It can also help find out which sites and web resources are being accessed by WiFi clients.
Download Aircrack-NG for free for any compatible platform on our site.