CommView for WiFi is a Windows application that allows you to analyze, monitor, diagnose, and even capture packets on WiFi networks. Its functionality can be compared to the Aircrack-NG
utility, but this one has a user-friendly graphical interface and regular updates. At the moment the program supports the 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax standards.
Functionality of the application
CommView for WiFi for Windows allows:
- Get the detailed information about the WiFi networks found in the air. This includes MAC-address, signal level, line bandwidth, and frequency occupied with the channel. Data is presented in the form of easy-to-use graphs.
- Detailed statistics on the IPs used: port numbers, node addresses, session types, and so on
- Injecting "broken" packets into a broadcast WiFi network. Allows to provoke deauthentication (disconnection of all current users from the access point).
- Interception of data packets transmitted in the network (both WPA and WEP). And you can use HashCat or any similar tool to decrypt and retrieve WiFi keys.
- Monitor WiFi airwaves from multiple PC adapters at once.
- Intercept VoIP and H.323 packets,
- Reconstruct TCP sessions.
- View captured decrypted packets (hash search available).
The basic version is free. It has a fully russified interface.
There is a catch - the program is only compatible with those wireless modules that on the hardware level can be used to scan the air. And for this very purpose a special driver is installed together with the application, which provides the ability to switch the adapter into this mode (when using the standard one such functionality is unavailable).
If the built-in WiFi module is blocked for scanning, the program will not work properly with it. This can only be solved by replacing the adapter with a compatible one.
CommView for WiFi you can download free of charge the current version on our website.