PRTG is a software package from Paessler AG for comprehensive diagnostics and testing of the existing IT infrastructure of an enterprise. It allows you not only to monitor the network, but also to remotely manage devices (via a web interface), receive service information from them (including the server).
PRTG monitor is not a separate program, but a set of utilities for IT infrastructure management. With its help you can:
- collect information about transmitted packets in the local network (for each device separately with subsequent entry of the information into the database);
- collect statistical information on SNMP, Netflow and other common data transmission protocols;
- display database information in a user-friendly graphical interface (graphs and tables)
- receive information about the current CPU, RAM, and network bandwidth loads (including for each device separately)
- configure remotely the new hardware being installed.
A separate secure SSH channel is used to send packets between devices. And it sends commands remotely to all devices on the network. Supports both Ethernet, and WiFi, and specific nodes of switches.
The program is compatible with Windows (Vista SP2 and newer versions). But the information from devices working under any other OS (Linux, Android, Windows Mobile, iOS) is also displayed during the monitoring. A detailed instruction on setting up and using the program is available on the developer's official site.
What the program is suitable for
PRTG is one of the best and most functional tools for system administration of computer networks of any size. It can help diagnose the health of an entire enterprise LAN in just a couple of mouse clicks without the need to install any third-party software. It is also actively used for information security of an organization's internal local network, as it allows you to quickly detect traces of unauthorized access and data transmission.
Download the latest version of PRTG in Russian for free on our website.