Wireless Network Watcher is a free program for Windows that shows the entire list of devices connected to your local network. It displays detailed information on each of them and supports simultaneous scanning through several hardware modules (WiFi, Ethernet). There is the official version of Wireless Network Watcher in Russian (language support was added in version 2.23).
Wireless Network Watcher can:
- search all devices connected to the LAN (including hidden ones);
- display information about all computers and routers in the network (local IP, MAC address, device manufacturer, its status, number of data channels used);
- alert new LAN devices (or those whose MAC address the user specifies);
- export monitoring data to a text log file (HTML and CSV).
Detailed user manual in Russian is also integrated. It's perfect for securing your home WiFi (compatible with all 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax standards) against unauthorized connections. You only need to know the user's MAC address before you can disconnect them. A function prohibiting access by the equipment identifier is available in any modern router.
Reviews of Wireless Network Watcher indicate that the utility works on all versions of Windows (beginning with XP). Compatible with WiFi adapters of all manufacturers. Does not require installation.
How to set up the alarm
The most useful feature of the program is the notification of unauthorized connection to an access point. How do I use it? After you start and finish automatic LAN scanning, you basically need to:
- Local Area Connection Options>
- Enable to set the exact MAC or IP address of devices you want to be notified about.
If there are multiple routers in your network, you can enable notification only through one of them. When an unauthorized connection is attempted, not only a notification is displayed in the Windows tray, but also detailed information about the device which is trying to connect to the local network.
Download Wireless Network Watcher current version for free on our website.