XSpider is a Windows program that is a local network vulnerability scanner. It was developed by Russian programmers from Positive Technologies. It allows detecting "weak" IT infrastructure nodes, through which unauthorized access to a server or workstations is theoretically possible. Based on the scan results, the utility generates a report containing recommendations to protect the local network.
Application features and capabilities
The program is conditionally free. XSpider license will cost as much as 8800 rubles, the demo-version works without any restrictions for 30 days from the moment of installation on a PC or laptop. The price is valid for legal entities.
- inspection of the local network with the display of detailed information about the server, workstations;
- scan TCP and UDP connections on the possibility of exploits;
- check wireless access points for resistance to hacking (by WPS, by password, by the type of encryption used);
- Check server resistance to DDoS attacks
- Detect hidden traffic sent to external locations
- Integrated Whois service (detailed information about your site)
- Check the reliability of proxy server (even when using a TOR network).
The current version not only has a built-in security scanner, but also includes e-mail tool and automatic removal of spam messages from the server (which may contain malicious links).
The interface is fully in Russian. The application is compatible with Windows XP and newer versions (including server versions). UNIX-systems are also detected and diagnosed. The scanner can work in multi-threaded mode (when network access is checked both via WiFi and LAN connection).
What you need XSpider for
- one of the best utilities for maximum security of your IT infrastructure. Following the recommendations provided by the program after its diagnostics, the probability of your LAN being compromised is reduced by 99.9%. One of its main advantages is regular updates of the exploit database.
Download XSpider free of charge with the current version on our website.