MHotspot is a free program with which you can distribute Internet via WiFi
to all compatible devices (smartphones, laptops, set-top boxes, tablets). Allows to turn PC or laptop into a full-fledged router. Compatible with Windows (7 and newer editions), the developers promise to add support for Linux distributions soon. The interface is in Russian.
MHotspot for Windows can:
- organize WiFi distribution, that is, when the PC works as an access point;
- work in hotspot mode (when the PC simultaneously both receives the Internet via WiFi, and distributes it to other devices, as a WiFi repeater);
- limit the number of simultaneously connected devices;
- Change AP MAC address (allows you to share the internet anonymously, so you can't identify the manufacturer of your devices)
- Display detailed stats on both incoming and outgoing traffic for each connected device.
Setting up the app is as simple as possible. You can set a custom name for the hotspot and a password of your choice. The default encryption type is WPA2. The program supports all possible options for connecting to the Internet: via LAN, USB-modems, direct Ethernet connection, Bluetooth. To work properly the application may require a permission to create a new network connection.
Maximal possible number of connected clients - 10. There is only one disadvantage - it is impossible to organize frequency of 5 GHz and created access point works in 802.11 b\g\n mode (maximum compatibility; devices with older models of WiFi-adapters will also be able to connect to the created WiFi-network).
What purposes will be suitable application
A popular scenario of the application is the organization of WiFi-network where there is no possibility to use a stationary router: in the country house, in the country. All you need to do is to connect USB modem (or phone with cable) to your laptop and launch mHotspot. The utility will also help to increase the coverage area of a weak WiFi signal in hotels, thus replacing the repeater.
Download mHotspot with the current version in Russian on our website.