Kali Nethunter is a software add-on for Android devices, allowing you to get a full working set of utilities from Kali Linux
, but without having to reinstall the gadget's OS. This is not a separate operating system, but an isolated environment for Android.
Overview of Features
The application will turn your smartphone or tablet into a hacking tool. The main features:
- analysis, testing, diagnosis of security of network connections (WiFi, work with LAN is possible by connecting the external Ethernet adapter);
- emulation of USB devices (utility "BadUSB"), which can be used to attack the PC for a given scenario when the smartphone/tablet is connected to it;
- recovery of access keys with the tools hydra, hashcat (also allows sniffing passwords for WiFi networks);
- intercept traffic;
- SSH connection (for remote network administration);
- organizing DDoS attacks.
Kali Nethunter also supports third-party repositories, so you can install pretty much any Kali Linux software in the environment. The application already has its own terminal, but it can also be adapted to Termux
One of the advantages of Kali Nethunter is the support of external connected devices (via OTG), including WiFi adaptors, keyboards (to work with the terminal). There is even a possibility to install a graphical DE.
How to use
For Kali Nethunter the installation is not possible on all Android devices. The general requirements are:
- having root access
- compatible kernel (for each phone model you can find it on portals like 4PDA or XDA-Developers).
The current NetHunter builds are best suited for Nexus and Pixel smartphones as well as Xiaomi devices that have LineageOS or AOSP-based OSs. Nightly builds, which the developers release regularly, gradually add support for other devices as well. The installation is performed via custom recovers (TWRP, OrangeFox).
Download Kali Nethunter for free on our web-site. The current version is presented for download.