Angry IP Scanner is a small free utility that can be used to scan your local network and discover all the devices connected to it, as well as get detailed information about each of them. It works on Windows systems, Linux distributions and MacOS. The source code is open (GPL v2 license) and can be found on the official developer's site, so no malicious code is present.
Program features and functions
- detection of all devices in the local network (including WiFi repeaters that are not "pinged" by standard methods);
- receiving detailed information about all devices in the network (MAC address, workgroup, IP address, list of ports involved);
- Send UDP and TCP requests (to find out which PC in your network is using p2p connection or downloading torrents)
- detect web server and get its local IP address
- Send SSH, Telnet, FTP requests
- Generate reports (XML, CVS) with results of scan.
Program does not require installation, works in portable mode (you just need to run the executive file). Runs even from external drives, so there's no need to copy it to your hard drive. It supports multi-threaded scanning, retrieving data from multiple adapters (Ethernet and WiFi) at the same time.
Who can use the program
The most common scenario for the application is to find computers on a work local network that are not used by office workers for their intended purpose (to download torrents, play online games, watch IPTV video). It is also good for finding possible ways to hack computer network as it shows even hidden ports being used which are not detected by standard Windows means.
It is also recommended to download Angry IP Scanner for those not able to access some sites. It allows you to check the availability of the specified range of ports and find out where the traffic is interrupted - on the side of the router or provider.
Angry IP Scanner in Russian and the current version can be downloaded at our website.